February 26, 2017, 10:22:55 PM

Author Topic: Brace yourselves, here comes Matref  (Read 1134 times)

matrefeytontias

• View Profile
Brace yourselves, here comes Matref
« on: January 22, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »
Helloes everyone,

I'm matrefeytontias, a student and aspiring programmer from France. I've been programming for around 7 years (I was 10 at the time, I'll let you do a simple calculation to get my age), and I recently decided to take it seriously and write actual games. I didn't really write anything worth mentioning before 2011, which is when I've gotten my hands on a Texas Instruments TI-83+ graphing calculator, and started fiddling with it. I'm still doing that from time to time when school lets me (French prépa IS hell, for those in the know), and I did get some recognition for some of my games on websites or from Indie developers (yes, even for calculator games). I did remakes of Jetpack Joyride, Ikaruga, Super Crate Box, Super Hexagon (currently in the works) and Worms (in the works too). Later I've got a much more powerful TI-Nspire CX CAS calculator, and started another Ikaruga clone, nKaruga, which is coming along nicely.

As I want to work as a professional game programmer later, I thought that it was time to start making PC and mobile games, and since I didn't want to go anywhere near Java I thought that Haxe, along with HaxePunk and the Nape Physics library, was the perfect way to go. So here I am :D

I'll probably be having many questions, so brace yourselves.
I did 3D. Then I got bored. Now I want to do 4D. Not bored anymore, nope.

ibilon

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Brace yourselves, here comes Matref
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »
Welcome here!

mikale

• View Profile
Re: Brace yourselves, here comes Matref
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »
yeah, welcome to the forums!